OCALA, Fla. – Hip No. 632, a son of Danzing Candy consigned by Abbie Road Farm (Lisa McGreevy), Agent, went to Donato Lanni, Agent for $115,000 to top the Open session of the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Company’s 2020 October Yearling Sale. The dark bay or brown colt is out of Bosserette, by Street Boss, a half sister to stakes winner Meditations.
• Hip No. 702, a son of Declaration of War consigned by K P Sales, Agent, was sold to Mick Price Racing for $72,000. The dark bay or brown colt is out of Miss Prudence, by Discreetly Mine, a half sister to stakes winner Annulment.
• Hip No. 615, a daughter of Exaggerator consigned by Sennebec South Farm, went to Joseph Besecker for $62,000. The dark bay or brown filly, is out of stakes placed Bazinga B, by Lion Hearted, from the family of champion Cash Deposit.
• Hip No. 440, Kenner, a son of Laoban consigned by Summerfield (Francis & Barbara Vanlangendonck), Agent, was sold to de Meric Sales for $55,000. The bay colt is out of Mystery Mix, by Awesome Again, a daughter of graded stakes winner Lovely Lil.
• Hip No. 458, a daughter of Lord Nelson also consigned by Sennebec South Farm, went to Afleet Equine, Agent for $52,000. The chestnut filly is out of stakes placed Our Eponene, a half sister to stakes winner Our Fantene.
• JAL Racing / Jose A. Lopez paid $52,000 for Hip No. 517, a son of Uncaptured consigned by Whitman Sales LLC, Agent. The chestnut colt is out of Senza Fina, by City Zip, a daughter of stakes winner Ragtime Gal.
For the session, 260 yearlings sold for a total of $2,887,400, compared with 267 bringing a total of $3,356,400 a year ago. The average price was $11,105 compared with $12,571 in 2019, while the median price was $7,750 compared with $8,000 a year ago. The buyback percentage was 20.7% compared with 23.3% a year ago.
At Tuesday’s Selected session, 91 horses sold for a total of $3,650,500, compared with 130 yearlings bringing $5,689,200 at the 2019 Selected Sale. The average price was $40,115 compared with $43,763 last year, while the median price was $28,000 compared with $30,000 a year ago. The buyback percentage was 32.6%; it was 30.1% in 2019.
Hip No. 149, a daughter of Not This Time consigned by Abbie Road Farm (Lisa McGreevy), Agent, went to Tonja Terranova, Agent for $225,000 to top Selected Sale of Yearlings. The dark bay or brown filly is out of Midnight Magic, by Midnight Lute, a half sister to graded stakes winner Coalport.
For the Two Year Olds and Horses of Racing Age section, 30 horses sold for a total of $823,500, averaging $27,450 with a $15,500 median figure and an 18.9% buyback percentage.
Zedan Racing Stables, Inc. went to $155,000 for Hip No. 39, a son of Empire Maker consigned by Top Line Sales LLC, Agent, to top the October Sale’s Two Year Olds and Horses of Racing Age section. The 2-year-old bay colt, whose quarter in :21 1/5 was co-fastest at the distance at the Under Tack Show, is a half brother to graded stakes winner Majestic River out of graded stakes placed stakes winner Tempus Fugit, by Alphabet Soup.
The next item on the OBS agenda is the 2020 OBS Day of Racing, set for Tuesday, November 24. The next sale is the 2021 Winter Mixed Sale, including the Horses of Racing Age section, scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday, January 25 – 26.
Current information about OBS sales, consignors and graduates is now also available via social media sites Facebook and Twitter. A link on the homepage directs users to either site.
In addition to catalogs for upcoming sales, the OBS website includes sales results, the latest news regarding OBS graduates, sales schedules, nominations, credit requests, travel information and other news relevant to OBS consignors and customers. E-Mail should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For catalogs or more information regarding OBS Sales or the OBS website, please call (352) 237-2154.
Photo: Hip No. 632. Credit: Judit Seipert