Hip No. 149, a daughter of Not This Time consigned by Abbie Road Farm (Lisa McGreevy), Agent, went to Tonja Terranova, Agent for $225,000 to top the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Company’s 2020 Selected Sale of Yearlings. The dark bay or brown filly is out of Midnight Magic, by Midnight Lute, a half sister to graded stakes winner Coalport.
- Hip No. 248, a daughter of Into Mischief consigned by Stuart Morris, Agent, was purchased by Colt Pike Bloodstock, Agent for $200,000. The bay filly, a half sister to stakes winner March X Press, is out of stakes placed Indian Rush, by Indian Charlie.
- Hip No. 121, a son of Wildcat Red consigned by Stuart Morris, Agent, was sold to Patrice Miller, EQB Inc., Agent, for $180,000. The chestnut colt is out of Ivory Meadow, by Meadowlake, a daughter of stakes placed Ivory Dance.
- Karl & Cathi Glassman paid $140,000 for Hip No. 173, a son of Practical Joke consigned by Stuart Morris, Agent. The bay colt is out of Polyester, by Tiz Wonderful, and is a half brother to graded stakes winner Harpers First Ride, winner of the Pimlico Special (G3) on October 2nd.
- Hip No. 194, a daughter of Uncaptured consigned by Dynasty Thoroughbreds, was sold for $140,000 to Randy Bradshaw. The bay filly, a half sister to graded stakes winner Elusive Lady, is out of Song of Royalty, by Unbridled’s Song.
- Hip No. 179, Ready’s Humor, a son of Distorted Humor consigned by Colin Brennan Bloodstock, Agent, was purchased by Paul Sharp for $125,000. The chestnut colt, a full brother to graded stakes winner Machen, is out of graded stakes winner Ready’s Gal, by More Than Ready.
- Champion Equine LLC paid $125,000 for Hip No. 209, a daughter of Upstart consigned by Silver Oaks Farm (Danielle Loya), Agent. The dark bay or brown filly is out of Who’sbeeninmybed, by The Daddy, a half sister to graded stakes winner Mr. Bowling.
- Hip No. 180, a daughter of Valiant Minister consigned by Colin Brennan Bloodstock, Agent for Baoma Corp, went to Quarter Pole Enterprises LLC for $120,000. The gray or roan filly is out of Resilient Humor, by Distorted Humor, a daughter of grade one winner Sassy Image.
Zedan Racing Stables, Inc. went to $155,000 for Hip No. 39, a son of Empire Maker consigned by Top Line Sales LLC, Agent, to top the October Sale’s Two Year Olds and Horses of Racing Age section. The 2-year-old bay colt, whose quarter in :21 1/5 was co-fastest at the distance at the Under Tack Show, is a half brother to graded stakes winner Majestic River out of graded stakes placed stakes winner Tempus Fugit, by Alphabet Soup.
Hip No. 58, Slashing, a 2-year-old son of Nyquist who won impressively in maiden special weight company last Wednesday at Gulfstream Park West, was sold to Red Oak Farm, Inc. for $100,000. The bay colt, consigned by de Meric Sales, Agent, is a half brother to champion Proud Spell out of graded stakes placed Proud Pearl, by Proud Citizen.
For the Selected Yearling Sale, 80 horses sold for a total of $3,338,000, compared with 130 yearlings bringing $5,689,200 a year ago. The average price was $41,725, compared with $43,763 last year, while the median price was $29,000, compared with $30,000 in 2019. The buyback percentage was 40.7%; it was 30.1% a year ago.
For the Two Year Olds in Training and Horses of Racing Age section, 29 horses sold for a total of $816,500, averaging $28,155 with a $16,000 median figure.
The sale continues Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. with Hip No.’s 301 – 721 selling in the Open session. The sale will again be streamed live via the OBS website as well as the DRF, TDN, BloodHorse and Pastthewire websites. Current information about OBS sales, consignors and graduates is now also available via social media sites Facebook and Twitter. A link on the homepage directs users to either site.
In addition to catalogs for upcoming sales, the OBS website includes sales results, the latest news regarding OBS graduates, sales schedules, nominations, credit requests, travel information and other news relevant to OBS consignors and customers. E-Mail should be addressed to email@example.com. For catalogs or more information regarding the OBS October Sale or OBS website, please call (352) 237-2154.
OBS Sales Press Release