October Yearling Sale begins Tuesday
The sale continues with an Open session on Wednesday, October 13th, beginning at 11:00 a.m. Hip No.’s 201 – 598 will be offered.
A total of 51 yearlings were supplemented to the sale after the catalog was printed. Seventeen horses (Hip No’s 136 – 152) were added to the Selected session and 34 (Hip No’s 565 – 598) to the Open session. Their catalog pages are available via the OBS website at obssales.com and in printed form at the sales grounds.
OBS will again offer Online Bidding during the October Sale. Buyers will be able to go to the OBS website and register to gain bidding approval, then access the OBS Bidding Screen with their credentials. For complete information on registration and online bidding please go to the OBS website: obs-online-bidding
Walking videos of many of the yearlings may be viewed through the Sortable Master Index on the OBS website. The website’s improved searchable and sortable master index provides links to videos, pedigree and consignor information as well as pedigree updates occurring since the catalog was printed. It has also been updated to allow shortlist creation.
The iPad version of the catalog is available via the equineline Sales Catalog App. The App allows users to download and view the catalog, record notes and also provides innovative search, sort and rating capabilities. For information and downloads visit: http://www.equineline.com/SalesCatalogApp/
The sale will be streamed live via the OBS website as well as the DRF, TDN, BloodHorse and Pastthewire websites. The website now includes a Spanish language section which can be accessed from the home page. The section’s index links to information for consignors and buyers, as well as press releases and important general information.
There are several notable recent updates since the catalog was printed.
- Hip No. 76, a filly by Mo Town, is out of a half sister to the dam of newly minted stakes winner Lovely Ride, who won the Cathryn Sophia Stakes at Parx on August 24th. walking video
- Hip No. 214, a filly by Mucho Macho Man, is out of a half sister to Adventuring, winner of the Dueling Grounds Oaks at Kentucky Downs on September 5th.
- Hip No. 233, a colt by Exaggerator, is out of a half sister to newly minted stakes winner Cynergy’s Star, winner of the Timonium Juvenile Stakes on August 29th.
- Hip No. 287, a colt by Noble Bird, is a half brother to graded stakes winning OBS graduate Jalen Journey, winner of the Laurel’s Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash (G3) on September 19th. walking video
- Hip No. 303, Snapp Daddy, a colt by Free Drop Billy, is out of a half sister to graded stakes placed OBS graduate Bicameral, third in the Del Mar Debutante (G1) on September 25th.
- Hip No. 309, a filly by Mo Town, is a half sister to unbeaten Jack Christopher, winner of Belmont’s Champagne Stakes (G1) on October 2nd.
- Hip No. 318, a filly by Tunwoo, is a half sister to OBS October Sale graduate Outfoxed, who added a 9-1/4 length victory in the FTBOA Florida Sire My Dear Girl Stakes to her resume on September 25th. walking video
- Hip No. 383, a colt by Ami’s Flatter, is a half brother to newly stakes placed OBS October Sale graduate Running Memories, second in Monmouth’s Incredible Revenge Stakes on August 14th.walking video
- Hip No. 425, a colt by First Dude, is out of a half sister to the dam of recent first time stakes winner Bayou Cat, winner of the To Much Coffee Stakes at Indiana Grand on October 6th.
- Hip No. 427, a filly by Army Mule, is out of a half sister to newly stakes placed Montebello, second in Saratoga’s Funny Cide Stakes in August and second in Laurel’s Capote Stakes on September 18th.
Current information about OBS sales, consignors and graduates is available via social media sites Facebook and Twitter. A link on the OBS homepage directs users to either site.
In addition to catalogs for upcoming sales, the OBS website includes sales results, the latest news regarding OBS graduates, sales schedules, nominations, credit requests, travel information and other news relevant to OBS consignors and customers. E-Mail should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For catalogs or more information regarding the OBS October Yearling Sale or OBS website, please call (352) 237-2154.
OBS Press Release