$1 Golden Hour Pick Four & $5 Golden Hour Double offered on first & last weekends of 16-day meet that opens Friday, Oct. 1
Grade II, $200,000 Eddie D Stakes marks a return to Hillside Turf on Friday
ARCADIA, Calif. – Santa Anita’s 16-day Autumn Meet, which opens this Friday, Oct. 1, will again offer fans a comprehensive wagering menu that will complement a full schedule of world class racing. With four stakes slated for opening day, including the Grade II, $200,000 Eddie D, which marks a return to sprinting at about 6 ½ furlongs down the Camino Real hillside turf course, interest is running high as horsemen will enter for a nine-race program on Tuesday morning.
Two popular wagers that combine races at Santa Anita and Golden Gate Fields, the $1 Golden Hour Pick 4, which features a low 15 percent takeout and the $5 Golden Hour Double, will be offered this Friday, Saturday and Sunday, resume on Oct. 22, 23 & 24 and on closing weekend, Oct. 29, 30 & 31, with the resumption of racing at Golden Gate. (Golden Gate will be dark for three weekends in mid-October during the Big Fresno Fair).
Walk-up admission is welcomed and in addition to betting on-track, fans have a variety of wagering options, including 1 ST.com/Bet, which can be downloaded free of charge at the App Store. In addition to Santa Anita’s simulcast signal, all of the track’s races will be shown live on TVG.
Santa Anita’s popular 20 cent Rainbow Pick Six Jackpot wager, which consists of the final six races on each day’s program, is again available, as is the low 14 percent takeout 50 cent Early Pick 5 and 50 cent Late Pick 5.
Providing there is no single ticket winner, the 20 cent Single Ticket Rainbow Pick Six is paid on a daily basis to those consolation tickets with the highest number of winning tickets. Thirty percent of the net Rainbow pool is then carried over to a jackpot pool on the next racing day. Should there be no perfect tickets through Oct. 30, there could be a massive jackpot pool leading into a mandatory payout on closing day, Oct. 31.
The $1 Stronach Five will be offered each Friday throughout the meet and will consist of a fast-paced series of five races from Santa Anita, Gulfstream Park, Golden Gate Fields and Laurel Park. The Stronach Five is a one-dollar minimum wager with a 12 percent takeout.
Santa Anita will also continue to offer $1 exactas, $2 rolling Daily Doubles, 50 cent rolling Pick 3’s, an early 50 cent Pick 4, as well as 10 cent Superfectas on all races with a minimum of six runners.
2021 Autumn Meet complete wagering menu
• 20 cent Rainbow Pick Six offered on the final six races each day
• The Stronach Five, a $1 minimum wager with a 12 percent takeout, offered each Friday
• Low 14 percent takeout 50 cent Early Pick 5, as well as 50 cent Late Pick 5
• $1 Golden Hour Pick Four, with 15 percent takeout
• $5 Golden Hour Late Double, with 15 percent takeout
• $2 Win, Place & Show wagering on each race, featuring the lowest takeout (15.43 percent) of any major racetrack in North America
• 50 cent Trifectas on each race with a minimum of four scheduled starters
• 10 cent Superfectas on all races with a minimum of six scheduled starters
• $1 Exactas on each race
• 50 cent Early Pick 4, which will be comprised of races two through five
• 50 cent Late Pick 4, comprised of the final four races each day
• 50 cent Mid Pick 4, available only when there are 11 or more races carded. In the event of an 11-race program, wager begins with Race 5
• Rolling $2 Daily Doubles
• 50 cent Rolling Pick 3’s, beginning with the first race each day
• $1 Super Hi 5, available on all races with seven or more declared starters, requires players to pick the first five finishers in exact order. If there are no perfect tickets with five winners, no consolation, 100 percent of the net pool is carried over to the next Super Hi 5 race.
For additional information regarding Santa Anita’s 2021 Autumn Meet, please visit santaanita.com or call (626) 574-RACE.
Mike Willman/Santa Anita Press Office
Photo: Santa Anita Starting Gate (Benoit Photos)