LEXINGTON, Ky. — Parque Patricios Racing Stables’ Mirinaque (ARG), a two-time Group 1 winner in Argentina, headlines a field of 10 runners for Saturday’s 63rd running of the $200,000 Hagyard Fayette (G2).
The 1 1/8-mile main track test for 3-year-olds and up will go as the eighth race on Saturday’s 10-race program with a 4:57 p.m. ET post time. First post Saturday is 1:05 p.m.
Trained by Maria Munoz, Mirinaque finished fifth in the TVG Pacific Classic (G1) on Aug. 22 at Del Mar in his U.S. debut. Mirinaque will be ridden by Gerardo Corrales and break from post position four.
Coming back for another try in the Hagyard Fayette is Jim Bakke and Gerald Isbister’s Mr Freeze. Second in the race last year that was run over a sloppy track, the Dale Romans trainee exits a sixth-place finish in the Alysheba (G2) on Sept. 4 at Churchill Downs.
Winner of the Gulfstream Park Mile (G2) for his lone 2020 victory, Mr Freeze will break from post position six and be ridden by Javier Castellano.
Tom’s d’Etat wins the 2019 Hagyard Fayette (G2)
The field for the Hagyard Fayette:
1. Coastal Defense (Joe Talamo, 121 pounds)
2. Captivating Moon (Julien Leparoux, 121)
3. Crafty Daddy (Brian Hernandez Jr., 121)
4. Mirinaque (ARG) (Corrales, 121)
5. Title Ready (Corey Lanerie, 121)
6. Mr Freeze (Castellano, 121)
7. Rated R Superstar (Martin Garcia, 121)
8. Tax (Tyler Gaffalione, 121)
9. Mo Mosa (Florent Geroux, 118)
10. Aurelius Maximus (Ricardo Santana Jr., 121)
Photo: Mr Freeze wins the Gulfstream Park Mile. Credit: Ryan Thompson