Hot Little Thing notches her first stakes victory in the $100K Back Home Again (Coady Photography)
Keeneland Press Release
LEXINGTON, Ky.— Keeneland has announced that 18 horses have been supplemented to its April Selected Horses of Racing Age Sale, which will be held Sunday, April 30, and begins at 4 p.m. ET.
Keeneland will accept approved supplemental entries to the April Sale until the sale date.
Click here for the enhanced digital catalog on Keeneland.com. The catalog, also available through the Equineline Sales Catalog iPad app, includes pedigrees, Equibase past performances and race videos, Daily Racing Form past performances, and Ragozin and Thoro-Graph figures. Consignors may upload photographs and walking videos.
Because of the changeable nature of horses of racing age catalogs, consignments will be stabled and a barn order list produced and distributed around Monday, April 24, when the catalog – including supplements – is close to finalized.
A printed catalog for the 80 horses initially cataloged in the sale is available at Keeneland. A supplemental catalog will be available just prior to the sale.
- Baj, a 4-year-old gelding by Can the Man who scored his first win last fall at Kentucky Downs and next was second in an allowance race at Keeneland. Consighed by Mill Ridge Sales, agent, Baj is working toward his 2023 debut.
- Commandperformance, a 4-year-old winning son of Union Rags who was second in the Champagne (G1). Out of the winning stakes-placed Tapit mare Smitten, he is from the family of Grade 3 winner Blind Date. Commandperformance is consigned by Highgate Sales, agent.
- Goodbye Kyle, a 3-year-old filly by Summer Front who was a debut maiden special weight winner at Fair Grounds in March. Consigned by Gainesway, agent, she is out of She Can Cope, by Stevie Wonderboy, a half-sister to the dam of Grade 3 winners Political Attack and Zillah the Hun, Group 2 runner-up Brahminy Kite and Grade 1-placed Miss Jennifer Lynn.
- Hot Little Thing, a 3-year-old stakes-winning filly by Army Mule who scored a 6½-length victory Tuesday, April 18 in an open allowance race at Horseshoe Indianapolis. Out of the Uncle Mo mare Bouffant, she is from the family of stakes winners Robbie’s Gal and Icon Ike. Highgate Sales, agent, consigns Hot Little Thing.
- Peruvian Lucky, a 4-year-old colt by Lookin At Lucky who is coming off a maiden victory at Turfway Park on April 1. Out of Argentinean Group 2 winner Solarana (ARG) by Mutakddim, he is a half-sister to Grade 3-placed Peruvian Appeal. Peruvian Lucky is consigned by I. C. Racing, agent.
- Sharapova, a 5-year-old daughter of Outwork who won the Harry Henson Handicap in March at Sunland Park. She is out of the winning Into Mischief mare Long Kiss Goodbye, a half-sister to Grade 3 runner-up Zultanite. Taylor Made Sales Agency, agent, consigns Sharapova.
- Shutters, a 5-year-old gelding by Get Stormy who has won three races in five starts in New York. A full brother to stakes winner Nantucket Red and from the family of champion Escena, he is consigned by ELiTE, agent.
- T Max, a winning, stakes-placed 3-year-old filly by Connect who is entered in the Valley of the Vapors S. at Oaklawn Park on Saturday, April 22. Consigned by Taylor Made Sales Agency, agent, she is out of Pleasant Drive, by Strong Mandate, and from the family of Kentucky Derby (G1) winner Monarchos and Hill ‘n’ Dale Metropolitan H. (G1) winner Silver State.
- Ughrouda, a 4-year-old Shadwell Farm-bred filly by Curlin who is coming off a 10¼-length victory in a maiden special weight race at Parx. She is out of the Malibu Moon mare Mooghareadh, a full sister to Grade 2 winner Malibu Pier, dam of stakes winner and Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (G1)-placed Coasted. Ughrouda’s second dam is Grade 2 winner and Grade 1 runner-up Blue Moon (FR). Taylor Made Sales Agency, agent, consigns Ughrouda.
- Violet Gibson (IRE), a 3-year-old daughter of Breeders’ Cup Mile (G1) winner Expert Eye (GB) who won her debut in a maiden special weight race in March at Gulfstream Park. Consigned by Indian Creek, agent, she is out of the Perfect Soul (IRE) mare Soul of Houdini and from the family of leading European sire Machiavellian.
Graduates of the 2022 April Sale include 2023 John B. Connally Turf Cup Stakes (G3) winner Scarlet Fusion and Astra S. (L) winner Duvet Day (IRE) along with these 2022 stakes winners: Monrovia S. (G2) winner Brooke Marie, Nearctic S. (G2) winner Cazadero, Columbia S. (L) winner Heaven Street and Valedictory S. (G3) winner Wentru.
Preparing for the April Sale
Buyers who plan to attend the April Sale or participate remotely should register for an account and establish credit within the Keeneland Sales Portal. Keeneland recommends beginning this process as soon as possible due to the date of the sale.
Online and phone bidding available: Buyers may watch a real-time video view of the live sale and bid simultaneously from Keeneland’s online bidding platform accessible through their accounts in the Keeneland Sales Portal. Two options are available: a live, on-demand bid that occurs manually and a max bid, which allows the software to bid on your behalf up to a designated price.
Visit April.Keeneland.com for operations details related to the sale.
The Keeneland Sales team is available to answer any questions about bidding options and the April Sale. Please contact Director of Sales Accounting Brent Hacker at 859 288-4231 or email@example.com.