Races from Pimlico, Santa Anita and Golden Gate, Three on Turf
BALTIMORE – Turf races from Pimlico Race Course and Santa Anita Park and a $100,000 guaranteed pool and industry-low 12-percent takeout highlight Friday’s popular Stronach 5.
The opening leg of the Stronach 5 begins at 4:40 p.m. with Pimlico’s eight race, featuring a dozen fillies and mares going five furlongs on the turf. The second leg, Santa Anita’s fourth race, features 10 California-bred 2-year-old fillies going 5 ½ furlongs. After a stop at Golden Gate Fields for a six-furlong claiming event, the final two legs of the sequence feature turf races from Santa Anita and Pimlico.
The Stronach 5 helps to kick off a big weekend at Pimlico. The weekend races include Saturday’s 12 stakes, seven graded, including Preakness 145.
Friday’s races and sequence
- Leg One – Pimlico 8th Race: (12 entries, 5 furlongs turf) 4:40 ET, 1:40 PT
- Leg Two –Santa Anita 4th Race: (12 entries, 5 ½ furlongs) 5:10 ET, 2:10 PT
- Leg Three –Golden Gate 3rd Race (7 entries, 6 furlongs) 5:30 ET, 2:30 PT
- Leg Four –Santa Anita 5th Race: (8 entries, 1 mile turf) 5:44 ET, 2:44 PT
- Leg Five –Pimlico 10th Race: (13 entries, 1 1/16 mile turf) 5:51 ET, 2:51 PT
Fans can watch and wager on the action at 1/ST.COM/BET as well as stream all the action in English and Spanish at LaurelPark.com, SantaAnita.com, GulfstreamPark.com, and GoldenGateFields.com. The minimum wager on the multi-race, multi-track Stronach 5 is $1. If there are no tickets with five winners, the entire pool will be carried over to the next Friday.
If a change in racing surface is made after the wagering closes, each selection on any ticket will be considered a winning selection. If a betting interest is scratched, that selection will be substituted with the favorite in the win pool when wagering closes. The Maryland Jockey Club serves as host of the Stronach 5.