The Queen’s Plate, North America’s oldest continually run race, will take place this Sunday at Woodbine Racetrack. After hosting the event without fans in 2020, spectators are back in 2021 for one of Toronto must-attend events of the summer, highlighting world class horse racing, entertainment, fashion and more. Highlights of the Day:
- $1 Million 162nd running of The Queen’s Plate (Race 10, 5:42 p.m.)
- 3 Graded stakes races (Grade 1 Highlander, Grade 2 Dance Smartly, Grade 3 Ontario Colleen)
- Penny Oleksiak, Canada’s most decorated Olympian, will be in attendance as The Queen’s Plate celebrity ambassador. Several more Canadian Olympians are expected to be in attendance.
- Legendary Canadian performing artist Jim Cuddy and his band will perform live.
- JUNO-Award nominated singer-songwriter Ryland James will perform the National Anthem.
MEDIA INFORMATION: Date: Sunday, August 22, 2021
Location: Woodbine Racetrack
Time: First-Race: 12:25 p.m. – Queen’s Plate (Race 10): 5:42 p.m.
Media interested in attending The Queen’s Plate are asked to RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP. Any individuals or organizations seeking media credentials are asked to indicate the following:
- Name and e-mail address
- Media Classification (reporter, photographer, videographer, etc.)
- Do you require trackside access to shoot the races?
- Do you require a workstation in the press box?
- Note: Press Box seating is limited due to COVID-19 regulations. Press Box seating will be assigned at the discretion of Woodbine’s Communications Team.
PARKING and MEDIA CREDENTIAL PICK-UP
- Park at Gate 9 (west side of property)
- Head towards Grandstand.
- Media check-in station will be posted at end of paddock/barn.
- Media credentials and vests for photographers will be distributed at check-in.
PHOTOGRAPHER – TRACK AND WINNER’S CIRCLE ACCESS
- Credentialed photographers will have access to shoot each race from the outside rail of the track surface being used for that specific race.
- Following a stakes race (including The Queen’s Plate), photographers are asked to move to the left side of the finish line on the E.P. Taylor Turf Course.
- Photographers are asked to allow the winning horse and connections to proceed through the rail gap to the Tapeta track before following across to the infield winner’s circle.
COVID-19 SCREENING FORM
- All Media attending The Queen’s Plate is asked to complete WOODBINE’S COVID-19 SCREENING FORM prior to arriving.
- Note: Step 3 on Form, select ‘Contractor’ and enter Media Affiliation.
Woodbine Press Release