The Ocala Breeders’ Sales Company’s 2019 October Yearling Sale begins Tuesday, October 8th. There are 647 yearlings cataloged for the two-day sale, which gets underway at 12:00 noon with 225 horses offered in the Selected session.
The sale continues with an Open session on Wednesday, October 9th, beginning at 10:30 a.m, with Hip No.’s 301 – 722 to be offered.
Fifty yearlings were supplemented to the sale after the catalog was printed in September. Twenty-one horses (Hip No’s 205 – 225) were added to the Selected session and 29 (Hip No’s 694 – 722) to the Open session. Their catalog pages are available via the OBS website at obssales.com and in printed form at the sales grounds.
Walking videos of many of the Selected yearlings may be viewed through the Sortable Master Index on the OBS website. The website’s improved searchable and sortable master index provides links to videos, pedigree and consignor information as well as pedigree updates occurring since the catalog was printed. It has also been updated to allow shortlist creation.
The iPad version of the catalog is available via the equineline Sales Catalog App. The App allows users to download and view the catalog, record notes and also provides innovative search, sort and rating capabilities. For information and downloads visit: http://www.equineline.com/SalesCatalogApp/
The sale will be streamed live via the OBS website or through this link here. The website now includes a Spanish language section which can be accessed from the home page. The section’s index links to information for consignors and buyers, as well as press releases and important general information.
There are several notable recent updates since the catalog was printed.
- Hip No. 2, a colt by Adios Charlie, is a half brother to newly stakes placed Florida-bred OBS graduate Me and Mr. C., second in Laurel’s Howard County Stakes.
- Hip No. 3, a filly by Constitution, is out of a half sister to the dam of newly stakes placed Florida-bred Smash Factor, by Khozan, second in last Saturday’s FTBOA Florida Sire In Reality Stakes at Gulfstream.
- Hip No. 43, a filly by Kitten’s Joy, is a full sister to 3-year-old Solar Kitten, third in the Virginia Oaks at Charles Town on August 31st.
- Hip No. 48, a colt by Laoban, is out of a half sister to the dam of newly stakes placed Skygaze, third in Saturday’s Mazarine Stakes (G3) at Woodbine.
- Hip No. 58, a colt by Kitten’s Joy, has a newly minted stakes winning half brother in Catch a Bid, winner of Saratoga’s Riskaverse Stakes on August 22nd.
- Hip No. 66, a colt by Into Mischief, is out of a half sister to the dam of Florida-bred Bean, a 2-year-old filly by Bernardini, a 7-3/4 length maiden special winner at Arlington on September 20th.
- Hip No. 76, a colt by Sky Mesa, is out of Happy Choice, a half sister to the dam of Perfect Alibi, winner of the Spinaway (G1) in September and second in Friday’s Alcibiades Stakes (G1) at Keeneland.
- Hip No. 130, a filly by Texas Red, is a half sister to newly stakes placed Over Thinking, second on August 16th in Del Mar’s CTT and TOC Stakes.
- Hip No. 186, a colt by Brody’s Cause, is out of a half sister to the dam of Adventist, winner of yesterday’s Greenwood Cup Stakes (G3) at Parx Racing.
- Hip No. 199, a colt by Prospective, is a half brother to Florida-bred Chance It, a 7-1/4 length winner of Gulfstream’s FTBOA Florida Sire In Reality Stakes last Saturday.
- Hip No. 301, a colt by Laoban, is out of a half sister to the dam of Adventist, winner of yesterday’s Greenwood Cup Stakes (G3) at Parx Racing.
- Hip No. 315, a daughter of Temple City, is out of a half sister to the dam of newly stakes placed Brooke Marie, second in the Christiecat Stakes at Laurel in September.
- Hip No. 321, a Brody’s Cause filly, is out of a half sister to newly graded stakes winning Varenka, who took the Lake Placid (G2) at Saratoga in August.
Hip No. 375, a daughter of Paynter, has a newly stakes placed full sister in Amandrea, second on September 4th in the Indiana Grand Stakes.
- Hip No. 476, a filly by Flat Out, is a half sister to the dam of stakes winner Unmachable, winner of the Washington Cup Juvenile Colts and Geldings Stakes
- Hip No. 507, a son of Treasure Beach, is out of a half sister to newly graded stakes placed Love So Deep (JPN), second in Deauville’s Darley Prix de Pomone (G2) on August 18th.
- Hip No. 526, a filly by Khozan, is a half sister to 2-year-old Florida-bred OBS graduate filly Big Affair, a six length maiden special winner at Gulfstream on September 28th.
- Hip No. 661, a daughter of Central Banker, has a newly stakes placed half brother in OBS graduate Mission Wrapitup (March ’19), third in Finger Lakes’ New York Breeders’ Futurity last Monday.
Current information about OBS sales, consignors and graduates is available via social media sites Facebook and Twitter. A link on the OBS homepage directs users to either site.
OBS Press Release