Hip 182 (Judit Seipert photo)
Hip No. 368, Bear Brian, consigned by Summerfield (Francis & Barbara Vanlangendonck), Agent for Stonestreet Stables LLC, went to Kerri Raven for $150,000 to top the Horses of Racing Age section on the first day of the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Company’s 2021 Winter Mixed Sale. The 3-year-old bay colt by Tiznow, who captured a maiden special at Sam Houston Race Park on January 9th, is out of stakes winner Lil Super Bear, by Super Saver.
Hip No. 182, a son of Practical Joke also consigned by Summerfield, was purchased by Ronald Clark Shepherd for $130,000 to top the Consignor Preferred Session. The bay yearling colt is out of Mobeautiful, by Uncle Mo, from the family of graded stakes winner Speed Dialer.
- Hip No. 321, Polterer, a 3-year-old son of Ghostzapper, went to Danny W. Brown for $110,000. Consigned by Kaizen Sales (Richard Kent), Agent, the chestnut colt is out of graded stakes winner Honey Hughes, by Henny Hughes.
- J. Stable LLC paid $100,000 for Hip No. 360, Pledge, a 3-year-old filly by Candy Ride consigned by Six K’s Training & Sales, Agent. A 6-1/2 length winner of a maiden special at Turfway Park on January 2nd, she’s a half sister to graded stakes placed stakes winner Hello Don Julio out of Faithful, by Vindication.
- Hip No. 25, a daughter of Mendelssohn consigned by Stuart Morris, Agent, was sold to Democracy Bloodstock for $95,000. The dark bay or brown yearling filly is out of stakes placed Simply Confection, by Candy Ride (ARG), from the family of champion Ashado.
- Hip No. 117, a daughter of Malibu Moon consigned by Kerri Szegi, Agent, went to Windylea Farm – NY LLC for $95,000. The bay yearling filly is out of graded stakes placed Fortunia, by Leroidesanimaux (BRZ), a half sister to grade one stakes winner Dionisia.
- Hip No. 315, a son of Distorted Humor consigned by Oscar Brown Stables, was sold to Kerri Raven for $90,000. The 3-year-old bay colt, whose three eighths in :32 2/5 was co-fastest at the distance at the Under Tack Show, is out of graded stakes placed Goldstryke Glory, by Second in Command.
- Hip No. 289, Street Ruckus, also consigned by Kaizen, was sold to Holly & David Wilson & Peernboom – Bowyer, LLC for $85,000. The dark bay or brown 3-year-old colt by Street Boss, a half brother to grade one stakes placed Sir Sahib, is out of Xs Belle, by Dynaformer.
- Hip No. 307, Waltzing Champ, by Ghoszapper, went to Al & Bill Ulwelling for $85,000. The 4-year-old chestnut gelding, consigned by Kaizen Sales (Richard Kent), Agent, is out of First Waltz, by Medaglia d’Oro, a daughter of graded stakes winner Spring Waltz.
- Hip No. 338, Brother Brody, consigned by L. G. Agent, was sold to Emerald Sales, Agent for Michael Eiserman for $80,000. The 3-year-old dark bay or brown colt by Brody’s Cause, who breezed three eighths in :32 3/5 at the Under Tack Show, is out of Mesa Mist, by Sky Mesa, from the family of graded stakes placed Logan’s Mist.
- DKW Racing paid $67,000 for Hip No. 90, a daughter of Hard Spun consigned by C & S Thoroughbred Sales, Agent. The dark bay or brown yearling filly is out of Cleo, by Pioneerof the Nile, a half sister to graded stakes winner Prospective Saint.
- Hip No. 63, a daughter of Twirling Candy consigned by Pelican State Thoroughbreds, Agent, was sold for $65,000 to Al & Bill Ulwelling. The bay yearling filly is out of American Kitty, by Tale of the Cat, a half sister to stakes placed American Diva.
For the Consignor Preferred session, 98 horses sold for a total of $1,893,300, compared with 85 horses grossing $1,912,300 in 2020. The average price was $19,319 compared with $22,498 a year ago, while the median price was $10,050 compared with $13,000 last year. The buyback percentage was 30.9%; it was 37.9% last year.
For the Horses of Racing Age session, 73 horses grossed $1,676,500 compared with 70 selling for a total of $1,366,900 in 2020. The average was $22,966, up from $19,527 a year ago, while the median price was $13,000 compared to $11,000 last year. The buyback percentage was 12%; it was 11.4% in 2020.
The Winter Mixed Sale continues Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. with Hip No.’s 451 – 805 in the Open Session. The sale will again be streamed live via the OBS website as well as the DRF, TDN, BloodHorse and Pastthewire websites. Current information about OBS sales, consignors and graduates is now also available via social media sites Facebook and Twitter. A link on the homepage directs users to either site.
Current information about OBS sales, consignors and graduates is now also available via social media sites Facebook and Twitter. A link on the homepage directs users to either site.
Sales results are available on the OBS website, updated hourly during each session of the Winter Mixed Sale. In addition, the latest news regarding OBS graduates, sales schedules, nominations, credit requests, travel information and other news relevant to OBS consignors and customers is also available. E-mail should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information regarding the Winter Mixed Sale or OBS website, please call (352) 237-2154.
Press Release/ OBS